Examples of qualifying activities include, but may not be limited to:
- traffic signs, traffic signals and area-wide traffic control systems
- road delineation marker posts
- pavement markings, including bus priority lane and cycleway markings on all non-separated road surfaces and markings for stock crossings
- sight rails
- carriageway lighting, including poles and replacement of lanterns at the end of their economic life with more efficient types
- belisha beacons and lighting at pedestrian crossings
- Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS)
- variable message signs (VMS)
- Local Area Traffic Management Schemes (LATMS), including speed control devices and threshold treatments
- ramp metering equipment
- surveillance devices and traffic monitoring equipment, such as closed-circuit television systems
- emergency telephones on motorways, and
- weighing facilities owned by a Road Controlling Authority (RCA) and/or operated as a weight surveillance facility.
Other potential activities that are not in the above list should be discussed with Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency for eligibility.